Why hello there, Sorry I’ve disappeared for a while but I’m back now and today I wanted to share with you some of my skincare favourites and how it’s been working with my routine throughout the cold bitter winter we have had. I’m not going to lie but I am a massive skincare junkie and unlike makeup I don’t mind spending the extra dollar if it contains powerful ingredients and would do wonders for my skin. Working in the beauty industry means you get to try 48867 products all the time but finding something you really like and works for you can be so difficult. I am a true believer in if you got good skin then you need less makeup and so I try to look after myself the best I can and I have found these 5 skincare products to work incredibly well for me.
- Elemis Biotec Face Wash– I have gotten into the habit of using a face wash whilst showering in the morning and this facial wash works incredibly well leaving my skin feeling cleansed and also smells incredible with notes of amber. This Biotec face wash is part of a skincare range that recharges the skin with electrolyes giving the option to hit restart and boosts the skin to the optimum level. I’ve also been using the night cream but I find this to be so incredible I need to mention it and it’s also non drying too even on my combination/dry complexion in the winter months.
- I am always looking for a new serum and recently I have discovered this Darphin Lumiere Essentielle Serum and I’ve been using it to give my complexion a little boost of radiance and it’s been so dreamy to use in the recent months. This serum absorbs super quickly into the skin injecting my skin with moisture and sits really well underneath moisturiser. I’ve been using this a good few weeks now and I’ve noticed my complexion to be more radiant and would recommend it for a luminous glow.
- Malin & Goetz 10% Sulphur Paste– Even though I’m nearly 27 I still get breakouts, not acne as much but a mixture of hormonal and my skin punishing me whenever I haven’t been eating well. I find this is the only spot treatment that works miracles overnight and by the morning the pimple is all dried up and gone down in size drastically. Upon application it does feel a little stinging but that’s perfectly normal and by the morning you can guarantee you’ll be having a good skin day.
- La Mer Original Moisturising Cream– An oldie but a goodie for sure, I’ve been leaning against this more so in the recent months as my skin is a little more fragile due to the cold and I find it works really well in locking in moisture and soothes my eczema patches on my chin too. I’ve had this 100ml pot for over a year and a little definitely goes a long way, I’ve harped on about this before and if you suffer from a little bit of dryness in the winter then this is worth giving a whirl, I tend to use the Soft Cream version in the AM and this in the PM as a night cream and it’s been working a dream.
- I do love a good balm cleanser and the one I keep going back to is this Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm which in my opinion is one of the best I’ve tried and keeps my skin looking fresh and cleansed. The Hungarian moor mud helps the skin to draw out any impurities and can also be used to remove makeup and after using this my skin feels super soft. I’ve been through endless pots of this and I would definitely recommend this.