I try to showcase my empty products over on my Insta stories (follow me @kawaibeautytalk) but it’s been a while since I’ve written a post about them and so here we are. I will say I am loyal to my products and I do try and use it up regardless if I liked it or not so much. I wanted to talk to you about 4 empty products I’ve recently finished and whether or not I have repurchased or moved on to something new.
- First up we have the Chanel Eye Makeup Remover. This is a Bi-phase makeup remover and it’s hands down one of my favourite eye makeup removers to use for a number of reasons; it’s not greasy on the eye lids and doesn’t leave a film, it actually removes eye makeup really well even waterproof liner and mascara without faff and finally you only need a small amount and a little goes a long way. Do I need to say anymore? Anyway I haven’t repurchased and moved on to my other favourite, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Makeup remover just because I’ve previously repurchased about 3 times and it’s nice to try something different every now and again.
- Fresh Lemon Body Lotion– I have finally finished this product and it’s only taken me nearly a year to use it up. It’s not because I don’t like the product but for my slightly dry skin this just disappears within minutes of application and I don’t think it’s hydrating enough for myself personally. In the summer I could get away with it and have been taking it on holidays, on the plus side because of the lemon scented you can keep the mosquitos away and acts as a repellent. No I haven’t repurchased and would go for the Seaberry Body Cream instead as it’s more moisturising but I wouldn’t say no to the shower gel version of this…
- Erborian Solid Cleansing Oil– I have a love hate relationship with this cleansing oil, firstly it actually liquifies in the summer so I keep it in the refrigerator to keep it a balm which means I don’t end up reaching for it as often. I love Korean skincare in general and I think it work great for my skin but if you were to ask me if this was my favourite cleansing balm I probably would say no as I don’t find it removes makeup very through and I have to go ahead and do a second cleanse with it. I haven’t repurchased this and currently using my Kat Burki Vitamin C Cleansing Balm which is just so dreamy to use.
- I like to use a spray toner for convenience and great in the morning if you’re on the go or travelling. This Mario Badescu Rosewater and Aloe Facial Spray have seen me through at least 6 months and it’s super soothing to use after a hot shower or I sometimes decant it and pack it in my gym bag for freshening up. The price of this is also super and lasts such a long time, I haven’t tried a lot of Mario Badesu Skincare but heard really good things about it so I’m up for some recommendations. In terms of a toner this does a great job and they also do different varieties for different skin types. I have already repurchased this and decided to try the green tea version.
- L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil- I have been through countless bottles of this and it is just delightful to use and these 500ml bottles I always stock up on as are better value but also so much easier to use in the shower. I double this up as a shaving cream too and and it works a dream leaving skin silky soft and especially in winter now I find this super moisturising to use on cold mornings too which is a bonus. I have already picked up a replacement and it’ definitely my favourite product from L’occitane!
So these are my recent empties, have you used any of these?