It’s been a while since I’ve done a skincare update on here and lately my skin has just been freaking out from the colder weather and I’ve been upping my game on the skincare front. I do like to introduce some newbies into my routine especially more hydrating products and focus more on masking to keep my skin in check. Here are some of the products I have been having in rotation…
- I usually double cleanse in the evening and my current go to is this Kat Burki Vitamin C cleansing balm. I’ve had this once upon a time and absolutely loved it as it really worked as a second cleanse leaving my skin super soft and radiant. The texture of this is very lightweight compared to my other cleansing balms such as the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm or Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm. You could use this as a light morning cleanse too since the texture isn’t too heavy and perfect if you want to delve into the cleansing balm world.
- Oskia Super 16 Serum– This is a fairly new serum in my routine and I’ve been wanting to add a serum that does a little bit of everything and this was recommended recently at a Space NK event. I’ve used Oskia before and really loved the brand ethos and the ingredients work great for my skin. This super 16 serum contains 16 super nutrients and bio actives to target signs of ageing. I don’t specifically look for anti-ageing products but I was keen on picking up this serum as it sounded like the perfect all rounder serum. I’ve been incorporating these into my routine for the past 2 weeks and my skin is super happy and nourished and has been working great to keep my skin hydrated and perky.
- I wanted to mention two face masks as I tend to gravitate towards them more so in the colder months and I have currently two in rotation I have been using consistency for the past month or so. The first one I wanted to mention is this Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask which I’ve lost count how many times I have repurchased this or how long I’ve been using it for. This mask for starters smells absolutely incredible with apricot and avocado kernels and also contains Japanese seaweed to repair skin’s barrier and keep skin supple and hydrated. This is great as it’s an overnight mask and works miracles if your skin is feeling tight and dry from the colder weather and if you are a frequent traveller it works great on flights too.
- The other mask I have been really enjoying in the past couple of weeks is this May Lindstrom Honey Mud Mask. Again with a product that does a little bit of everything I think this mask is great for when my skin is feeling congested or it contains enzymes with plant oils to really help restore hydration for the complexion whilst the honey works as a inflammatory and the clay as a detox. This mask has been working wonders for my skin in the last couple of weeks and you could also use this as a cleanser which is great if you’re on the go and need a multi use product.
- La Mer Renewal Oil– I’ve always used facial oils and I think they’re absolutely great to add hydration into your skin and you can mix and match with them to create your own desired routine. This oil in particular is one of my favourites as it’s not greasy and I like to either use this on it’s own as a treatment in the evening or mix it into my moisturiser for a more radiant and hydrated look. If you never really tried facials oils before or been scared it then I can assure you this one is not greasy and would leave your complexion glowing.
So these are my current skincare products I’ve been having in rotation in the past couple of weeks and it’s been working a dream for the cooler months. Hope you enjoyed reading this.