I’ve been meaning to do this little brand series for a while as I always find it hard to pick out products that I call my ‘favourites’ and always get asked about brands I love and what I recommend. I picked out 5 favourite products I like and use myself in my rotation and would totally recommend buying, today’s brand of choice I wanted to talk about is Chanel as it’s the first ever luxury brand I dabbled with when I was 15. I’m not sure if I mentioned but my first ever bottle of luxury foundation was from Chanel and I had my first ever makeover from them too so it’s definitely a brand I have the best memories of.
- Chanel Loose Powder– I have tried a lot of loose powders over the years and this one in particular I like because it wears demi-matte still giving your skin a glow whereas some completely mattifies the complexion. I prefer more of a dewy complexion and this I’ve been using this in my morning routine after foundation and concealer to lock everything in and it does a great job making my complexion last all day. Loose powders in generals last for ages as it’s super big and a little goes a long way, this one in particular has a lovely texture and doesn’t leave a chalky finish when used with a powder brush.
- Chanel Lipsticks– Over the years I have accumulated a little stash of Chanel lipsticks as the formulas are just so dreamy. My go to is called Aventure which is part of their coco shine range and it’s a beautiful sheer pink shade adding shine and moisture to my lips. I like this one in particular because it’s a ‘no mirror’ application and great to top up if you’re always on the go like me. The other lipsticks include Allure and the original Coco range which is more of a solid colour and some of my favourites include Edith and Carmen. This is a super creamy formula and stays on all day and brownie points for the chic packaging.
- Chanel Waterproof Eyeliner– I have yet to find an eyeliner that doesn’t make me look like a panda by noon and also adding definition when tight lining and these are my favourite eyeliners. Day to day I wear I alternate between Purple Choc and Legendary Green as I don’t like black unless I’m doing a smoky evening look. I like how these are twist up and doesn’t require sharpening and more importantly it glides on seamlessly even on the lash line giving definition to my peepers. I’m planning on picking up more as they are also waterproof and stays put all day, overall I would really recommend these liners.
- Chanel Eye Makeup Remover– This is hands down the best eye makeup remover I have tried and it even does a great job at removing waterproof eyeliner without tugging and irritating the eyes. I’ve lost count how many bottles I’ve been through, although I don’t repurchase all the time as I like to try new ones this is definitely a great all rounder and a great staple to have in your bathroom cabinet.
- Chanel Angled Powder Brush– This is probably my favourite powder brush to use as it picks up the right amount of product and the bristles are also super soft too. It works great with my Charotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow or any bronzing products as it shapes the hollows of the cheeks really well providing definition. If you want to invest in some really good quality makeup brushes then you could check these brushes out.
So here are my5 favourite beauty product from Chanel, of course there is more I have tried and using but if you were asking me which 5 products I would recommend then these 5 would make a great foundation to add on to.